Here are some details about the free webinars:
May 2: Tax Tips for Your New Business – Small business owners and tax professionals with small business clients who may be starting new endeavors are the focus of this webinar.
- Deciding if it’s a business or hobby
- Selecting a business structure
- Understanding business taxes
- Recordkeeping requirements
- Choosing a tax preparer
- Finding out where to go for IRS help
May 3: Staying Afloat: Planning for Emergencies Before they Happen – Small business owners, tax professionals and payroll organizations learn about emergency preparedness in this broadcast.
- Business continuity planning
- How to create an emergency plan
- Employee preparedness
- Payroll continuity and supply chain protection
- Protecting your records and data
- What happens after a disaster is declared
- IRS resources to help you plan
May 4: Worker Classification: Employee or Independent Contractor? This webinar is in Spanish. It teaches Spanish-speaking small business owners, tax professionals, and payroll organizations how to classifying workers.
- Differences between employees and independent contractors
- Common law rules
- Form SS-8
- Employment tax obligations
- Voluntary classification settlement program
May 5: Tip Reporting and Tips vs. Service Charges – This webinar provides small business owners, employers, tax professionals and payroll organizations with details on tips and reporting.
- Recordkeeping and reporting responsibilities
- Understanding the difference between tips and service charges
- Filing Form 8027, Employer’s Annual Information Return of Tip Income and Allocated Tips
All four webinars are an hour long and start at 2 p.m. (ET). Live Q&A sessions with IRS experts will be available. To register and to find out more visit the Webinars for Small Businesses page on IRS.gov.
Granite Online is a powerful web-based payroll solution designed to streamline payroll operations while enhancing flexibility, security, and control. This dynamic product enables you to maintain control of your payroll data while utilizing our payroll expertise. With 24/7 convenience, Granite Online allows instantaneous e-transfers, printing of live checks and payroll reports, and tracking of human resource data. This easy-to-use payroll product lets you know what’s happening in real-time, so you can minimize costly productivity issues. Whether your company is large or small, local or nationwide, our payroll specialists are at your service.